9 January 2009 | Recipes
This One’s For You, Meg
Since I’ve been home, things haven’t been that exciting. Just going to school and riding my bike. School has been awesome, and I am learning a ton of stuff like this: how to make a fast, delicious, and not-too-bad-for-you dessert (maybe the only not-too-bad-for-you food item that we’ve made…).
Makes 6 servings (I use individual ramekins, but I’m sure you can do it in one big baking dish)
- 8oz chocolate chips
- 8 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- preheat oven to 400
- butter ramekins, then coat with sugar, discarding excess
- melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering water, then set aside
- in another bowl, over the same hot water mix egg whites, sugar and lemon until warm
- remove egg white mixture from heat and beat until firm peaks
- mix a little of the egg white into the chocolate, then gently fold in the rest
- pour into ramekins
- bake for 12 mins (don’t open the oven until it gets close to 12 mins) they should puff way up
- serve immediately (the longer they are out of the oven, the more they will “fall” but they still taste just as good!!)
I made a very delicious raspberry sauce by combining in a blender: frozen raspberries, a little water, and sweetener and lemon juice to taste.
Ben just ate the raspberry sauce plain. It was that good.